Thoughts on the re-design of my blog’s theme? June 21, 2008Posted by Raul in blogosphere, random thoughts, Web 2.0, WordCamp, WordCamp Fraser Valley, wordpress.
Tags: geeky, theme redesign, wordpress
I have a LOT of posts for your reading entertainment, but at the same time, I also would like to pause for a moment and listen to feedback from all of you, readers, fellow bloggers, random visitors… what do you guys think of my blog’s re-design? Rebecca was kind enough to spend time changing the theme of my site as I told her that I wanted a change (thanks Rebecca!).
Here are the changes if you want them in a summary, point-form (e.g. the elements I told Rebecca that were important to me in the re-design):
– Narrower column for the text. Sometimes I write A LOT, and I don’t even realize it. I think that sometimes, readers may get tired from reading and that might not be a good idea. Yes, I know that content is everything and sometimes I need more space to develop an idea, but I think this looks crisper, cleaner.
– Cleaner layout and top, header-type page alignment. That is, the pages (my “About Me” page and the “Some of my most popular posts” should be on the top, right below the header.
– The header needs to have the hummingbird symbol that Rebecca kindly adapted for me.
– I wanted the header image to look ‘geeky‘ (although this element has already sparked controversy).
– I wanted to include the badge for WordCamp FraserValley 2008 on the side bar.
So, any thoughts on the theme re-design? Suggestions always welcome. Drop a comment. Thanks!