Fashion for male geeks August 6, 2008Posted by Raul in blogosphere, personal life, random thoughts.
Tags: male geek fashion
The best way to keep your mind off of the worries of life is to continue on normally, so since I’m already packed for my trip to Mexico and my flights are booked, I’m just going to blog and do my thing as I usually do. Think positive!
Anyways… I’m having an online discussion on Twitter on fashion for a store opening (I can’t really disclose many details, but – for the sake of an example, let’s just use the upcoming Instinct Launch party at Republic, or whatever – imagine a new Apple Store opening in say, New Westminster). Anyhow, that’s irrelevant.
The question is – I am a male, I am admittedly a geek – what would go well to go to a geeky event, or what should I wear. Variables to consider
– Yes, I’m a geek but I’m not going to wear a geek t-shirt. Not even to showcase my geek superpowers 🙂
– I don’t want to wear long sleeves as the weather is incredibly hot (+ 30oC in Vancouver now).
– I am very comfortable in khakhis or dress slacks, but it’s too hot for that.
– I want to feel fresh while I travel (remember, I’m a transit fiend, so I don’t drive and thus have no air conditioning).
– It’s summer in Vancouver, folks!
So, go crazy – drop the comments – give fashion advice for male geeks. Cheers and thanks!